View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 07:58 AM
Jerseyrayne

I want to add to my original post, that I never tightened the screw, because I couldn't get the 2 pieces together to tighten the screw. I told this to the repair man, but he didn't believe me. He also told me it would cost me $125. to fix it. But the Owner came over to me afterwards and told me not to worry, they would order the parts and take care of me. He remembered I just bought the machine there, which was a trade-up from another customer and it was on the sales floor for sale when I bought it.
The only thing it is going to take awhile because they are going on vacation for 2-3 wks. I don't know how it got bent etc. I checked my other machines, a Pfaff, a Viking #1+ I bought new in 1997, and my vintage Singers and the part that fell off are all permanent on these machines. I have never seen one that comes off, just the screw is removable. LOL as long as I can get it fixed, I don't care what the repair guy thinks, I know it wasn't anything I did. Thanks for your reply. I love this board, I have received so much info and support from it.