Thread: Machine binding
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:13 PM
sewingpup

I do most of my binding by machine.....I stitch it to back....then pull it to front.....I use a modified serpentine stitch....I have a Bernina which makes it easy to modify and I also did it with Viking D1 and SE. The stitch just gives a gentle little wave....I pull the binding so it is just a little over the stitch line from stitching the binding to the back....and I run the that edge of my binding just along the inside of the toe of my foot....that keeps it lined up right for me....maybe a bit different for the foot you are using but you get the idea....when I get to the corners....I just stop that an inch or two from the corner...pull my binding into a miter...and resume stitching being careful to keep the binding in place....took me a bit to get the corners down....I sometimes have a little bit of the stitching show on the backing....but I am getting better at not doing that with practice.....I make mostly quilts that will be used, thrown in the washer and dryer...works for me....and I get to finish more quilts!