Old 04-20-2008, 11:49 AM
jcizzard

I use 3 different feet for my 1/4" seam. I have an 30 yr old Bernina 830 and I just got a new 730. I did buy their 1/4" foot with a guide however the guide inhibits what I want to do sometimes. I do use my edger foot, love it for lots of things including paper piecing. I have a clear 1/4" I belive it was called the Big Little foot, I have had it for a long time and with all the adapters you can buy for the different type of feet, it has fit everyone of my machines including a very old Singer. Also, when I use any of my feet even if it has narrow opening I can move my needle 1 or 2 clicks for my skant 1/4" even if I am using my single hole needle plate. I just have to be careful and put a note on my maching not to switch to zig-zag. Or there goes another needle. My new machine does have a security I can set however if I set it when I put the single hole plate on I can not move my needle for the scant 1/4". I love using all these feet for different sewing items. Well, I have to face it I love computers, sewing and quilting so the new computerized machines are a blast for me. If you can see the attached I am showing pictures of all the adapters & 1/4" feet that I have. Hopefully some of you will learn from this. You DO NOT need to buy every foot for your machine! Investigate you may have some that will work on your machine. However, just becareful machines are too expensive to repair. There is a lot of good info out there at shows, shops and dealers. Buy wisely and have fun.

1/4" feet and some adapters.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8475[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-8475.jpe