View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:51 AM
tranum

I collect the avacado green “Crazy Daisy” Pyrex pattern. Never paid much for them and if they’re high priced, I pass, because it’s not that important to me. They’re displayed above my kitchen cupboards & enjoy seeing them. I have complete set of brown Pyrex mixing bowls which I use often. $2 at a garage sale - yes, for the set of 3 ! I also have set of 3 yellow & white trimmed in black bowls from a garage sale. Giving them to a grandson’s wife (in May for her birthday) who will like them.

I had the big yellow, red & green (broke the small blue) from a wedding shower 55 years ago. They were getting worn looking so I sold them a while ago since I wasn’t using them anymore. Dishwasher was hard on the shine so now I wash mine by hand. Yes, people have incredible collections of Pyrex on Pinterest and there’s a club I think. Pink and turquoise might be the most valuable.

I also have collected 6 Texasware bowls & they get used almost every day but wash them by hand and not microwave safe. In the 1950’s my Mother bought one as a birthday gift for my Aunt and my obsession for them began then. I got one at a garage sale for 50 cents but its very plain compared to the others. Maybe the most valuable ? Who knows ?

Also have a few Redwing spatter ware items. . One is an advertising piece and it’s special to me because the store owner’s wife was our neighbor at one time.

And last but not least I have some Watts Ware pieces - crockery with an apple on the side. I have 2 cream pitchers and one bowl. They were gifts to farm ladies when they sold their eggs to a certain place so I inherited them from Mom & Grandma. Also on top of cupboards where I enjoy them.