View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:38 AM
Iceblossom

A big woohoo for me, I figured out my sashing issues and all blocks are finally labeled and sashed correctly. Short form is once I finally got everything laid out I had to reallocate some of the ones I had already sewn... That means I had to fix a couple of mistakes which freed up 3 sashing. And then I found that I had two set aside that I had bad center pieces and apparently just lost one... Since I had cut out enough for 6 new ones, I just made them instead of taking apart the bad ones. I am not concerned about the few extra units, they will just join all the bad ones and go to the crumb quilter. She says she knows when the combined pieces come from me by the open seams... she doesn't say if this is a good thing but I figure it's my way of saying howdy!

Today at small group I will start pinning the blocks together.

I have the HST borders complete as well. I started out by pairing Red and Blue units into twos. Then when I got to fours, I stay stitched the outer edge since I don't know when I will get this quilted down.

I'm considering sending it out because I am at an utter loss to quilt it, always my downfall. I would expect a rather swirly E2E pantograph maybe with some points here and there in my budget range. I've been looking at websites of home quilters within a couple hours of home and found a couple that are accepting new clients that I rather like the looks of their gallery quilts. Going to contact a couple and meet with them to see what I need to prepare my quilts for someone else to finish (never expected that!), and what they feel it would cost to put some of them just together and others what it would take to do what they would want to do. Knock on wood, everything is holding together and maybe I can get enough out of the tax refund to get a couple tops done. I'll also try networking some at that Ricky Tims thing I'm going to in May.