View Single Post
Old 02-12-2020, 09:31 AM
Iceblossom

Time for a coffee break/progress report. I am putting together the rows, still on track. This part is always so fun. I got a little confused at my Tuesday group pinning when I came to the sashing cornerstones that were basically just hanging in the air, but I did indeed pin them correctly. Goal is to get it ready for the border today, border tomorrow.

With my small work/layout space and since I had enough fabric in my "cut large and trim down", once everything was committed to and the setting triangles were in place, I trimmed them down after they were connection correctly to their square. I'm just not going to be able to do a good job if I wait until it's all put together. I was able to cut at .5" lining up along the squares in the 4-patches. Then I stabilized them at 1/4" which is the actual seam allowance. Just let the machine take it in easy and gentle along those bias edges while they are small and not a lot of tension on them. I might leave this as a half inch seam allowance on both sides, more decisions to make when I put on the inner border.