Thread: "Scant Quarter"
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 03:22 AM
Reader1

Default Scant Quarter Problem Solved!!!!

I have read and reread all of your comments and suddenly it all made sense and became clear. I have never been taught by anyone to Cut scant quarters and have always been taught to Sew scant quarters just like all of you said. I have completed 3 quilts since July and there are a few places on each where they did not match correctly no matter how carefully I cut and sewed. I have racked my brain trying to figure out why and somehow twisted being taught to Sew scant quarters with Cutting scant quarters, even though I never cut scant quarters. I have a head like a brick and no matter how wrong I am, it takes a sledge hammer to break through it to finally get it. I am so sorry I insisted that I had been taught that and will fix that. I am sorry I did not really appreciate your comments at first and the help they really are and insisted something that was not even true. I am proud of the three quilts I have made but focus on the mistakes as I finish them and wonder if quilting is for me even though I love it. I have to work on fixing that in my head also. Thank you again for all your help. I really, really appreciate it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-25-2020 at 04:58 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps