View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 02:11 PM
origamigoldfish

maminstl, I totally understand the lack of mojo. I pretty much took a break the week after the reveal until this week, trying to wrap my mind around how busy this quilt is going to be because somehow it turned out nothing like I expected. I am like that on quilts though...the last one I made sat as a flimsy for almost a year before I finally was in the mood to quilt it...and I did no other sewing during that time. You'll get it done in time...don't feel bad about not finishing it quickly!

retiredteacher09, tallchick, thank you for the encouragement!

Iceblossom, I love the outfits! they're so fun!

Kalama, I can't wait to see pictures

I finished the main blocks last night, working on half blocks now. I am hoping to finish them and be able to lay everything out my next day off. I am still torn on borders, but I think I'm going to go with pinwheels or using the HSTs to make a chevron border. I will probably add a small outer border on top of that because I love flanged binding and I don't want to cut off any points.

I also think that after putting all of this work into piecing the top, I may send it off and have it longarmed. I think it may be too large for me to stuff through the throat on my machine, and I'm not sure my quilting skills are up to doing what I want anyway.