View Single Post
Old 03-04-2020, 01:07 PM
Iceblossom

Goodness, my thinking unit was giving me all sorts of problems in this rather straight forward (once the blocks were done) pieced back. It's amazing what a bit of measuring and thinking can prevent, unfortunately I had to react to mistakes... Good thing the print is so busy. I did keep the print going in one direction but other than that didn't bother with matching anything.

But Frolic is officially finished for me, I count a finished top as a finished project and not a UFO. It has gone to join the stack of those tops waiting to be quilting. I still have no idea on how to quilt it down and am still considering sending it out to be finished.

First shot is the pieced back, second shows the cut binding -- that fabric was much more vibrant before it got its needed boil! I do cut my binding a bit fuller than most, 3" and I love what the bias does to striped fabrics. I used to fold it and iron it and I like it stored that way better, but I've been trying the suggestion to not press first and it is working just fine for me.
Attached Thumbnails frolic-pieced-back.jpg   frolic-binding-back.jpg