View Single Post
Old 03-05-2020, 03:44 PM
Koalateaquilting

Default Need help identifying a Morse machine

Spoiler

My name is Jarred and I'm new to this site and sewing machines in general. I collect and buy/resell antique and vintage items in and around the Orlando area. New to my collection and interests are sewing machines and I've found it difficult to identify year of origin in machines in general but have learned a lot in trying. I would graciously accept any and all help in identifying this machine and possibly some in the future. If I'm in the wrong forum or area please advise.

In my line I've found people throw out the most useful and valuable items and I find myself driving around looking for such items the night before bulk trash pickup. The other night I went to purchase an antique roll top desk and when leaving the neighborhood I found, among other things, an old Morse sewing machine. Underneath the main base stamped into the metal are three sets of numbers. A JA number a JC number and what I believe to be the serial number. However I cannot find much on when it was made and by extension whether it's worth repairing even for personal use. Can anyone please help or point me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance.

And it seems I cannot figure out how to add pictures to this thread either so that may be of use as well.

Regards,
Jarred

​​