View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 12:54 PM
WMUTeach

Default Scrapbuster: a quilt of encouragement and affection

Here it is! My version of the Scrap Buster. The top is all from my purple stash and white scraps. Batting is W & N pieced (two pieces and iron on tape). The backing is a late discovery from my stash too! Thread was found in a box of odd spools donated to my guild and now used. Whoo-Hoo! A 60 X 60 quilt that was virtually free.

Now the story begins. I am one who believes God speaks to us is small ways. And now and again I have been directed to give quilts to individuals. I was sewing along about a week and a half ago when I heard in my heart and in my head that a acquaintance from my Bible Study should be given this quilt. Briefly, six years ago she was given a double lung transplant but starting experience rejection this past fall. After several trips to her surgery clinic, she received the news that she has not been approved for a second transplant. She is too weak to endure another surgery. So, this quilt is for her. The large white squares hold a Bible scripture of encouragement and the name of one of the group from the study. It will go to her as soon as she returns home perhaps this week-end. She may be returning to hospice. I keep hearing from others who know her well that purple was one of her favorite colors. I did not know. I believe that there was a plan for this quilt long before I dove into my purple bin in an effort to reduce my stash. It was hers all along.
Attached Thumbnails scrap-buster-edited-resized.jpg