View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Vasilisa

Hello, long time no see.

Every cloud has a silver lining. The silver of the current situation is that I may finally have time to finish those UFOs.

That is - I am going to be stuck at home before the wedding, which It is supposed to be next Saturday, but might not take place actually, after the honeymoon and maybe even instead of it.

With more and more places closing (first it was schools, then pools and sports clubs, then restaurants and shopping centers...) if the next category is registry offices, then I may be a fiancee for a while longer. Needless to say, I cancelled my bachelorette party. The wedding guests might have to be reduced to maid of honour, best man, and our parents. Negotiations with the restaurant about the dwindling number of people for the after-ceremony lunch unexpectedly turned today into a "do you do catering?", as the decision to close restaurants (take-away and deliveries are still allowed) happened when we were actually having our dinner at the restaurant in question, where we went to discuss last details of the party with the manager. Now they would be happier to bring food and serving utensils to our place for 8 people rather than doing nothing.

I was supposed to take leave from work from next Friday, but the company suggested earlier beginning of vacation so I will not be going to work on Monday. My vacation is supposed to last till 2 April, but I already kow that I need to reschedule our honeymoon trip. We have a "plan B" for honeymoon, which would be domestic travel to a place maximum 300 km from Warsaw and by car (no public transport for the wicked!). Is is still up in the air whether we will be able to pull up even that, and even if we do, it will be shorter than the originally booked trip. Still, they won't let me shorten the vacation.

For those who think that it is enviable - no, it is not. I have a limit of vacation days per year and if I use most of them now, I can forget about going on summer holidays or taking a few free days around Christmas. So I will keep sewing not to get mad thinking about the c-virus.