View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 08:55 AM
Iceblossom

Here's the other book, Twist & Turn by Sharon Squire Craig.
https://www.amazon.com/Twist-Turn-Fr.../dp/1885588100

For fast crazy patch, they do have ruler sets and stuff like that now but Karla Alexander was one of the founders of that style and her books teach you how to do them without rulers -- so any size you'd like. Her method of sorting fabrics the "Stack the Deck" part is well written and thought out, I handle my fabrics for scrap quilts in a similar manner. With my vision issues I've been looking at other ways to piece than my fussy precise old school methods and I really enjoyed her books.

edit: Looking back at my first post I said "you need two rectangles" more particularly that is two rectangles cut into long triangles. It does matter which way you cut but so long as you are using solids that is not an issue! It becomes an issue with working with prints.

The right angle of the long piece will fit the right angle of the inner block, gives you an easy way to make sure you are putting them on the right way!

You will still have a long slightly bias edge, take some care/awareness to not stretch!

Last edited by Iceblossom; 03-25-2020 at 09:06 AM. Reason: late thoughts