View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 09:51 AM
Iceblossom

I replied to an ad on Craig's List today from a vet tech looking to buy a cheap sewing machine to make masks for her location and other pet response people. I let her know that I was willing to loan her one of my machines (the 301) and even give her fabric to use. Haven't heard back yet, but also let her know she could buy one of those cheap low end Brothers from Walmart for what she was willing to spend (and I was still willing to give fabric).

I have the Minions top laid out and the computer grabbed me while I was grabbing a piece of paper to make the block labels.

Looks like I'm going to have to modify my Simplish/Horse with No Name project -- I really could have used 2 yards of the desert fabric and only have about a badly cut yard and a half, and that wide selvedge means it is just under 42" usable width, currently I think I'm designed at about 46" across and without more yardage that isn't going to happen. But better to know it sooner rather than later! I ran out of fabric in the Here Kitty Kitty version. Still going ahead, have cut the first 8 horse blocks and have cut the desert fabric.

Here's the Kitty version, I posted it last year along with a lot of thanks for the poster who hooked me on this concept! In many ways I deal with "collections of fabrics" instead of "scrap fabrics". Before I joined the Moratorium here, I had already banned myself from quilt shops and have missed a lot of the current trends, but I really like this simple putting together of mixed fabrics together. I had given away a collection of Angel fabrics from my swapping days because I just couldn't figure out any way to put those together (I had used individual squares here and there), then I saw this and realized that simple black sashing was the answer all along! It would have looked like stained glass, but they have passed out of my hands and into the care of another quilter.

And here's a link to the Simplish pattern -- of course, I always change things... so my blocks and dimensions aren't quite the same.
https://www.shabbyfabrics.com/Assets...orDownload.pdf
Attached Thumbnails here-kitty-final.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 04-08-2020 at 09:54 AM.