View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 04:55 PM
1Nanoo

Angry

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree View Post
Now, now, now; Singer is a very reputable company. I don't believe any one is saying they aren't. Just that those pre-wound bobbins are one of those things that you get what you pay for. Take heart. Look how many of us have posted to this topic.
I bought a brand new Singer Heavy Duty machine a bout 3-4 years ago. I have not needed it because I was using other machines; so I just set it (covered of course) under a table in my sewing room. Last month my other machine malfunctioned; so I just pulled out the new Singer. I have been sewing for years; so I do know how to sew. I set the Singer up and threaded it and put a full bobbin in. Imagine my surprise when I pressed on the foot pedal and I could hear the motor running, but the machine would not sew a stitch. It is back under the table, and I will not ever be buying another Singer. I have a Janome 9400, a Bernina, and Elna, and a Necchi. They all work. Considering Singer as a brand, I am really not in the frame of mind for "now, now, now."