View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Iceblossom

Well, this lock down is starting to make a teeny tiny dent on my fabric. One of the ladies in my Tuesday Group (which has shut down "for the duration" as we say around here) is having a hard time getting started on projects but is rather enjoying quilting down. So I offered her the two preemie tops I had made last year. Think those lasted the afternoon... today she is picking up that Horse with No Name project and last year's Confetti top along with a couple other smaller thrift store tops I've picked up along the way. I added enough fabric suitable for backs and she has a roll of batting so things are going to get done.

For new members, the Confetti top was made out of a box of squares I was given last year. At our Tuesday group we circulate fabric but the rule is if you take it, you have to deal with it -- no bringing back! There was a bag of precut squares that looked fun and I glanced up and said "I'll take all the squares", meaning I'd take that bag... I didn't know that the entire bottom of the box was just full of precut squares, some more precise than others, and varying from about 4-7" but apparently according to the group I was stuck with the whole lot. I pulled out all the juvenile and bright "adult" squares and cut them into the project attached, it made a slightly more easily used bundle of squares and I took all the metallic ones and made Scrap Metal which I am keeping for myself. I was done with the squares at that point and sent them on to another quilter. I think what was left was a lot easier to work with once I took all the funky bits and made the Confetti quilt!

And then I just got back from my neighbor's we set up my 301 on their covered porch (weather is lovely out here) and Matt is going to make some face masks! His wife is still working from home so he's going to start making them for their large extended family. Printed off the pleated version, made a "pattern" of the rectangle size out of a manilla folder, grabbed a cheap pair of scissors, my portable pin cushion, and some fabric and brought it next door.

Apparently I need to get more "guy" stuff out of the stash... Hard to be thug apparently with happy strawberries across your face!
Attached Thumbnails confetti-top.jpg   100_5318.jpg  

Last edited by Iceblossom; 04-16-2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Added Scrap Metal, why not...