View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 05:39 PM
jlhmnj

Originally Posted by Kdkibbe
Fantastic!
So then it’s a genuine Davis made Minnesota I assume? What is your opinion of the top of the cabinet? Did they have an inset, or were they all wood veneer?
I still haven’t heard back from the owners. I may send another email to them...

If it all works out I will document that the heads have been changed and someday, hopefully A LONG time from now, my nephew can sell both heads together when he liquidates my estate. I rarely sell anything.

Great to know a VF will fit, do you know if a later NVF will also fit?
I found one possibly for $100 but it’s missing the bullet shuttle, which might be problematic.

Yep, It's a genuine Davis Minnesota A. The cabinet originally came with an inset. Perhaps the inset was replaced at one time. A VF2 and NVF will fit. The VF2 is the better match. You'd need to secure the front edge of an NVF so it doesn't fall off the cradle when being lowered. A cylinder or bullet shuttle is not difficult to replace. It will add an extra $30-$40 to the total cost. If the Minnesota A and cabinet is being shipped you want to make sure the seller knows their stuff. Way too many sewing machines are needlessly damaged in transit. I have fond memories of road trips / mini vacations to pick up Davis sewing machines.

Jon