View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 06:35 AM
Iceblossom

Some letters are hard, Mermaid! N is surprisingly difficult -- in that one it was Nests (as in bird nests), Nuts, Nuns, Newspapers... Numbers seems like a cop out but I've used it too. I know what a narwhal is but how many people could identify it -- and yes, I have actually found narwhal fabric before! I is pretty much always Ice Cream. J is usually Jelly Beans but I've had Jets too.

The S block is a Snowball made of Shiny Stars with Super Suz (photo shopped from a sneaky snapshot and some free clip art). My current x-ray fabric is actually a blend but I think I can be forgiven. Otherwise sometimes there are Xs and Os fabric and if I ever come face to face with a xylophone print I'm gonna get yardage!

Having the big outlined letters quilted in holds it down and helps you figure out that it is the alphabet and not entirely random fabrics.

I may have done upwards of 20 of these over the years as donation projects but this was the first geared towards an adult. I just felt it was fitting for her and the occasion and chose some options I normally wouldn't... H was Hummingbird (usually horses of some sort), C was Crayons because she doesn't like cats...