View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Cattitude

This is a bit of a weird one. I picked up a quilt kit from MSQC. The pattern was made with something like 29 x10” squares out of a layer cake they supplied. Unfortunately they weren’t quite 10” square and so I couldn’t make the cuts accurately. I would have been ok using the extras but I didn’t want to use the solids as they stood out too much and the light prints did not have enough contrast. I picked up a couple of charm packs to complete the pattern about one year ago.

I had a lot of leftover fabric including the border print because I couldn’t bring myself to use it for binding, I used something out of my stash instead.

This was my attempt to use up what was left over. I would have been ok with it except I over thought the colour placement. Other than the center I should have cut down the 10” squares and just gone random. Also I made a big mistake cutting the borders. As a result two sides have some rather small pieces joined together and I had to add the corner stones which I don’t like at all.

My mom says she likes it and so I will finish it for her. A learning experience if nothing else.

Attached Thumbnails f56ba40d-cca8-467c-b20c-91b77fa6d1ad.jpeg