View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 08:29 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I sent my son another 10 yards of fabric, then my brother came up to fix a leaky shower for us, we were talking, I asked if his wife is sewing ( she’s a very gifted seamstress) he said her sewing machine was broke, they had no way to get it fixed....I sent a sewing machine home with him, I had inherited it from an aunt, really didn’t need it, very nice machine, it has sat in a cupboard for 4 years, waiting for someone to need it and it’s staying in the family. She has 3 fairly new grand babies and hasn’t been able to make things for them, I sent probably 15-20 yards of fabric, fleece, Minky, Terry, chenille, and flannel along with some patterns. Stuff that’s been taking up space that I never seem to get around to using. I still have lots, but maybe not a couple lifetimes worth anymore. I seem able to use more the more I give away- at some point maybe I won’t be embarrassed to have someone come into my sewing room. I’ve also made 95 masks now- I know there are people making thousands but I make 5-10 when ever someone I know asks for some, I’m going to start working on another scrap quilt tomorrow.