View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 01:17 PM
kathyathome

I bought this versatile camera holder, and it couldn't work better! I put it around my neck (like in one of the photos I think) and can see what I'm doing while I'm chatting hands-free with my grandson. He sees what I'm doing as well. We are using Zoom, but the free version sessions only last 40 minutes, so we may go another route, or I could subscribe I guess. Anyway, our first session was great - I taught him what the selvedge is, talked about the cutting board and cutting ruler, and went over the inches in 1/8 yard, 1/4 yard, etc. We talked about (and I was able to show him) what happens when you're pressing against the cutting ruler too hard and not holding the ruler tight enough. His mom helped him choose his fabric, and he is now doing his "homework," cutting out 30 8-1/2" squares. Next session we'll move on to other things. I hope the quarantine is over by the time we get to putting it together and quilting, so he can come and stay for a few days. His mom didn't even want me to pay for the fabric because they think it's a great thing to take the place of his normal outside activities like dance and baseball. He's 11, a perfect age for this I think. Anyway, here's a link to the camera holder I bought. If admins don't want a link like this in a post I could take a photo of it and post that instead. Great gadget, and more sturdy and substantial than I thought it would be. Take care and stay safe everybody. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1