View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 09:28 AM
Iceblossom

Ok, they say the paper piecing project is too big for the round robin, which is fine. Still going to do it, but now have to think of something for a different center for that. I'll go ahead and make the medallion more as designed than my smaller version. I've been playing with the bag of hand dyes, I have less of the purple type fabrics than I thought, but a huge range of green! Yesterday when I was running my errands I made the paper piecing copies, this is so easy I don't think I really need to paper piece it or can do it the folded method, but part of the reason I chose this was for paper piecing practice (say or type that 3 times fast!).

I don't typically do medallions or samplers or other multi-block concepts but I have a couple ideas in mind for the round robin... I'm thinking more of my traditional type of blocks and fabrics...

I washed my Made in America brand black fabric. I was happier with the white. This had quite a bit of discharge and less opaque than the Kona I am used to. But I do rather like the feel, so I'll have to see how I feel about a finished project.