View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 08:10 AM
maviskw

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I nest my seams whenever possible. I like to iron each 2 row joins. Once all my 2 rows are ironed, then I join and iron into 4 rows. Since I don’t have a big ironing surface, this works best for me. If you have a big board ironing surface, you can wait until you get a large section joined.
I do this, too: sew all "two" sets together and then sew the twos into fours, etc.
But I press all seams on each strip at the same time. All strips need to be numbered at the top. All even numbered rows seams going toward you as you will be sewing; and all odd numbered rows go away from you.
Start with folding row one to the right over row two. Put this under the needle with all the fabric to the right of the needle. Sew each two together like that, on the right side of the needle. Place row three over row four, etc.
Now lay them out again and place rows three and four to the left, unto rows one and two. Sew these together on the left side of the needle. You will find that, again, the top seam faces away from you and the bottom seam is toward you. It's so much easier to keep the top seam facing the correct way when you can see it.