View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 12:14 PM
JoeJr

Originally Posted by Clemenza View Post
It would be so helpful if you could chronicle your refurbishment with photographs, punctuated with brief notes..
My machine was being thrown out and was sitting on a curb for the trash; a friend picked it up for me. The machine has two plugs, for the light and the motor, but there was no outlet on the table it was in. I oiled up everything that could be oiled, and then did it two more times. I don't have an outlet with a foot control available so I could only test it at "full throttle" when I plugged it in. It vibrated quite a bit, but I did not hear any metal slop while it was running. It ran really fast with the stitch width selector at "0" and then slowed down as I moved it to "5". It's harder to turn by hand at "5" than at "0" so I am letting more oil soak, as I don't know if that's normal.
I heard the most metal slop at the nose end of the upper portion while moving the handwheel back and forth by hand. Interestingly, when the machine was lying on its "back" it didn't make any noise moving the handwheel back and forth, but did when upright.
I have not sew tested it yet because I need to put together an outlet with a foot control.
I did take some pictures, but it wasn't really dirty inside, just dry. If you want to see them I will post them. The outside had a layer of dirt on it, most of which wiped off, and I had already started that before I saw your first post.