View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 01:50 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

So, I’m continuing to Purge and organize. When my sister ( attacked) my shelves she just folded everything and put it into stacks- some sorted by color but all sizes/ types. I have an Accuquilt Go and decided to start again on the shelves ( sometimes it’s just therapeutic) for me to iron and fold my fabrics. Each stack I take out I separate into new stacks- More than a yard, full yards, half yards and fat quarters. Anything that doesn’t go in one of those stacks is getting cut up with my Accuquilt. 2 1/2” strips, 1 1/2”, & 1” strips, 5” , 3” & 2 1/2” squares, 2 1/2” x 4” bricks and I have a few appliqué shapes I’ve cut some of.
I’m still organizing by color. But also solids all go together, batiks, fairy frosts, panels, theme / novelties and baby’s.
I'm finding things I totally forgot about from quilts I made my granddaughters when they were little- the youngest is 19 now- it’s nice to be cutting up all the odds & ends into sizes I have use for.
I also sent out 3 yards of fabric to someone and added an extra few fq’s and sent my son 3 yards of black and a kit, so another about 12 yards of fabric gone.