View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 09:08 AM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Thanks for the answers to my batik question. I mix batik and quilting cotton in my own quilts, too.

Looks like the consensus is to keep the mailing dates separate. The first of the month for group 2, and the 15th for group 1 (after this first mailing). For those who joined late, group 1 is mailing on the 22nd this month, to accommodate a member who has since dropped out. From July on, the date will be the 15th.

I'm enjoying these bios! TG, it must be fun to travel all the time, or even half the year. Carrie, I remembered from the Pony Club that your son is a talented archer.

My story: Married my hubby in '85. We both lived in Hawaii. We relocated to Mississippi shortly after, because that's where my parents were. We wanted grandparents for our kids, once they came along. We had a girl first, then two boys, all within 4 years! Mississippi is a great place to raise children. I homeschooled all 3 kids, with the exception of the 11th and 12th grade for our older son. He wanted to play baseball and had to be in public school to do so.
All the kids live in Memphis TN with their spouses now. I have two beautiful granddaughters and with Memphis only 3 hours away, I am on the road a lot to see them!
I have always been a seamstress... private work, then costuming for the local ballet, then alterations at a bridal shop. I found quilting when a friend was diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to make a chemo quilt for her. After that, I was hooked. Don't know how many quilts I've made... I'm semi-retired but still work 3 mornings a week at the local gym, teaching exercise classes (yoga, water aerobics, and Silver Sneakers).

Hope more of you will post a short bio too!