View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 11:39 AM
Railroadersbrat

Unhappy Ut Oh....Iron Question

So I took some time off from quilting because I just was not feeling it at all and my sewing machine had started to act up a little bit. I didn't feel like figuring out the issue at the time, so I closed up my cabinet, grabbed some yarn and did some knitting. Sometimes, you do just need to walk away from things, just to breathe.

I picked it back up just this past weekend, figured out my issue with my machine (bobbin winding problem), cleaned it up real nice and got back into my hexagon quilt. I was making some really good headway, worked myself into a good rhythm, things were feeling really nice.

I was going into the kitchen to get me a fresh cup of tea, I've been on a London Fog kick lately and when I moved around my ironing table, I bumped it just right and sent it and my iron into the floor. They are bare and the iron landed flat. I picked it up as quick as I could, but there is now a dark stain on the sole plate.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of it? I tried to turn the iron on to the absolute highest setting to just burn it off, but it's really not budging and vinegar didn't touch it. I don't want to put anything flammable on it for the obvious reasons, I'm just kind of stumped.