Thread: Wedding Quilt
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Pepita

After reading a history about some old quilts I found out that the Rose of Sharon was traditionally given to the new couple. I am making a whole cloth quilt for my niece's wedding this summer. I think there is so much to choose from, do one you like and do well. Our brides are giving a nod to tradition, but twisting it to fit themselves. We have gotten so used to White wedding gowns but they have only come in fashion more recently. I understand there was an embargo on fabric so (Europe?) had to make do with their plain old white fabric. After that it became a tradition!
Originally Posted by Damkina
Hello All, :-D
Yes, my son is in the military, and I thank God that he has come safely home to us from Afghanistan a few weeks ago.

Well, I might have to toss a coin to decide which quilt lol because I love so many of your ideas, and I have come across this beauty after the Double Irish Chain was suggested...

http://www.westcoastmccsale.org/Double_irish.jpg

I think it's absolutely beautiful. Do you think it would look just as pretty in a dusky pink, a pale pink (maybe floral) and cream on cream? And does anyone know what the Star is called in the centre, or where there may be a pattern for this online?

Also (and here is my dilema) I have been offered the loan of the plastic templates for the Double Wedding Ring Quilt.

:? Which one? I'm wanting to go fabric hunting for it next weekend, so I can dither for a few more days.
Joanne