View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 01:58 PM
ttatummm

Default Free-Westinghouse No. 3

I just got a Free-Westinghouse No. 3 and I've looking for information on this machine.
img_2711.jpg img_2713.jpg img_2725.jpg

I've spent way too much time searching the net for some information on this machine and haven't come up with anything beyond the basic history of the company. I couldn't even find a single photo of this machine online. The machine came with a shuttle and bobbin so that's good. Not sure what needle it uses though.

To get this gal running, I could use some information on the foot controller. This is a totally different beast than any other controller than I've ever worked on. Even search terms would be useful. Also any ideas on what type of needle it may use. I couldn't find the No. 3 model on the ISMACS Needle list. I am assuming that the motor is similar to other Free-Westinghouse motors of the same style, so I think I should be able to find some info on it. Any general information the machine would be a plus, just to satisfy my curiosity.

This machine is going to be a stretch for me, it is much more exotic than my Singers or Necchi.

Any help would be appreciated,
Tammy