View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 04:27 AM
Iceblossom

Hello all! Reba treated me with a peak of her in-progress round. If I have this right (and I don't have my list in front of me), that center came from Sewbizgirl and wow! what fun!! I have an idea and am going to start pulling fabrics, but wanted to take a minute to discuss fabric selection. If y'all went through this when I was missing, I apologize, please point me back to where I should be reading.

I often put in little jokes or hidden meanings into my quilts, so only George knows that the row that has blocks of Giraffe Elephant Owl Rhino Grouse Egret actually spells his name.

When I used to swap fabrics, I've found I have to be careful and ask first before including something that looks like snakeskin -- but sometimes I've had some unexpected results like "sea horses creep me out". Who knew? Same thing with donation quilts, some people are very anti "bugs" even when I think they are beautiful butterflies. If there is anything you really don't want in your fabrics let me know, otherwise that Radish (or whatever it is) you hate might be displayed prominently.

Especially for the round I'm thinking of, it would be very easy to incorporate some favorite things, if I knew what those were...

So here's a short form of me: Other than quilting I read (ok, technically I listen to audio books but close enough). Music of all types and instruments has been a major part of my life. I bowl with the hubby and enjoy it, but it's more his thing than mine. We currently have 3 knee high dogs, and 1 knee high cat, a snake, a bearded dragon and a gecko. Snakey and I have a deal, she stays in her habitat and I stay in mine. I love the Minions and have a Minion sewing kit, night gown, and other things. Favorite flower is probably freesia, but mostly anything scented. I have more blue in my fabric than any other color by far -- maybe it goes with my blue eyes.