View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 04:20 AM
Railroadersbrat

Default Log Cabin Designs

Okay, so I'm really looking for thoughts and ideas. Just to give a little bit of background, this is for my niece and her family. This is her second marriage, she has a daughter from her first marriage, a daughter from this marriage and her husband just recently officially adopted her first daughter. Since this is a blended family, I decided to put a little oomph and meaning behind the quilt, so here goes my explanation and I hope it makes sense.

I made the logs out of my niece, husband and her first daughter's favorite colors. The squares are done in rainbow colors because her second daughter has anything and everything rainbow. I got the design from Shar Jorgenson's take on log cabins, one is her Sugar & Spice (because trust me, this family is quite an interesting blend of personalities) the other is my take on a lover's knot.

The problem I have is which one I should do. Any thoughts and I'm always open for ideas. One last thing, please excuse the quality of the jpegs if they're off, I had to do a recovery on my laptop last week and I haven't plugged in my usual photo editing program yet.
Attached Thumbnails amber-1.jpg   amber-2.jpg