View Single Post
Old 07-06-2020, 07:37 AM
toogie

I love this story. My husband and I both appreciate things of days gone by. Fortunately ( or unfortunately)all 3 of our kids do, as well. I once Hand stitched 2 fairly large porch scenes in counted cross stitch. One 11 x 14 other 16 x 20- one child said I needed to do a third so they would all get one.... someone asked at our 50 th anniversary party if I was making 2 more of the quilt I made my husband for the occasion. They said with all the history embroidered on, all 3 kids would want it. You can see it in my albums here on Quilting Board. It has all dh siblings, parents, grandparents & dob and all mine too. All our kids, grands, greats. When & where we married, how we spent vacation with kids, 1 st apartment, etc -when & where army Served-when both baptized- a lot of info embroidered. Needless to say, one of a kind.
i hope you find the right person. Sometimes even strangers appreciate more than family. I bought some handwork cheap and was heartbroken that others didn’t appreciate the love & labor gone into it. Another time I was gifted something from someone’s dh old aunt. They didn’t want the tablecloths bc they were yellowed and dingy. After I Oxiclean them I think she would have liked them back! Beautifully hand stitched. It’s on One of my small tables now.