View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 06:31 AM
Iceblossom

I took my current round to my Tuesday group yesterday. That's Sewbiz's houses in the center plus Reba's round. All the ladies were so excited and thrilled. They responded well to what I'm going to be doing even though it is definitely a change... Everyone agrees that this center has pop and zing and personality and that mine doesn't. Even though that's what I'm going for, something that doesn't look like "me", sometimes humble is harder to deal with. My first concept definitely had more zip but it was also too big.

My first thoughts which I've shared with Sewbizgal, is that to me it looks like Jessica Rabbit (a personal hero! "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way") goes to San Francisco Tool Town. Just a wonderful vibrant graphic world of colors and shapes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Rabbit

One of the ladies was telling stories about some of the round robins she's participated in. Including one where the one person put on the exact same border (same fabrics even) onto each round on each quilt... that is definitely a design solution! In the group discussion it was generally agreed that the inspiration part was the hard part.

All I can say, is so far, that inspiration has been easy for me with what you all are providing. For me and this round, I think it currently finishes at 25" wide and I'm not sure if I'm going to be working with the 5" border or add in to 6" or not. First I need to make my subunits and do some layout. I'm already finding that some of the fabrics I pulled in advance are not working as well as I had thought. That's ok... plenty of choices still ahead of me