Old 07-18-2020, 06:10 AM
Three Dog Night

Originally Posted by janiebakes View Post
I am just getting started learning free motion quilting on my Pfaff quilt expression 4.2. It comes with a "Sensoromatic free motion foot 6A".. I am not having much luck with that foot. It also doubles as a darning foot. Pfaff also makes a "Free motion echo quilting foot" that looks like a large clear plastic circle with markings to help you follow lines of quilting. There is also an "Open toe free motion spring foot "and a "Dynamic spring foot". The spring is supposed to keep the fabric from lifting with the needle while the stitch is being formed. Does anyone have any experience with these feet? All advice will be appreciated.
Go to website https://sewingmastery.com she has posted a complete tutorial on using the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2. Sara goes through the manual and provides a video on each section, video 52 explains free motion quilting and use of the Sensormatic foot. On my Performance 5.0 I use the Sensormatic foot with no problem as long as I have selected the correct setting in free motion menu. I use this website whenever I have a question concerning a problem. Hopefully this will answer you problems.