Old 07-19-2020, 07:09 AM
Three Dog Night

Originally Posted by janiebakes View Post
Thank you Three Dog Night, that looks like a very helpful site. I could not find a video 52 but will take some time tomorrow to do a better search. There is info there other than free motion quilting that will help me as well.

I looked for a straight stitch needle plate. They are expensive! The best price I could find was nearly 40 dollars and shipping.

Would still love to hear from anyone who has used any Pfaff free motion feet other than the Sensormatic foot.
Sara has the videos numbered and I think #52 was on second page about 1/2 way down. I have a straight needle plate that came with my machine but I don't use it when free motioning or when using my ruler foot. As you move the fabric you can also move the needle which will strike the plate and the needle could bend or even break (been there, done that). I do use my Westalee ruler foot a lot even for free motion quilting sometimes it needs to be set for spring foot free motion instead of the sensormatic foot setting. I do have a spring motion foot but it's been a long time since I used it, will do some playing with it and let you know how it works.
Attached Thumbnails capture.png