View Single Post
Old 07-24-2020, 04:44 AM
Snooze2978

My sister cooks up spaghetti squash a couple times a year is all. Its not bad but won't take the place of real spaghetti in my opinion. Anyway, my sister's garden is hard as rock so she's been throwing everything you would throw into a compost (almost) into it and having her lawn guy till it in a couple times a year. Anyway, to her surprise this year she's getting a couple mystery plants growing in her garden as she's not using it all. Some are welcomed though such as her marigolds, asphagus, dill and can't remember the other flower's name but coming up in all colors. And of course she always gets at least 1 tomato plant coming up, usually a cherry tomato. Anyway, this year a couple squash plants popped up so we assumed they were her pie pumpkin plants. !!!!!!!! Not the butternut squash either that I usually grow or the zucchini. Yes, you named it, its the spaghetti squash which she must have thrown everything out into the garden including the seeds if there are any inside as I haven't ever cut up one myself. Anyway, so far we've counted 20-30 little squashes growing and wondering what we'll do with them all. Been talking with all my neighbors to see if they like the squash. Hopefully my sister has learned a valuable lesson not to throw just everything out into her garden now...................probably not.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-24-2020 at 02:12 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps