View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 10:53 AM
Motorcyclemad

Originally Posted by Cattitude View Post
Irish, nice work on the baby quilt! Teach, I love scrappy surprise boxes, great job!

Last year Northcott had a program where participating stores designed and sold a block using the Stonehenge Solstice fabric line.
It sounded like fun to explore a bunch of quilt shops within a 2 hour radius of my home and then try to come up with a quilt design using the various blocks. I picked up 12 different blocks and 4m of extra blender fabrics for finishing.

A few months ago I built the blocks in EQ and tried to come up with a design I liked but didn’t have much luck. Turns out I’m not a huge fan of samplers.

I then decided to make Bonnie Hunter’s Celtic Solstice but fabric considerations dictated a change in plans.

I cannot decide if I think the gradations in the fabric helped or hindered with this design. Overall I like it, but might have a problem finding a home for it due to the colour scheme.

Used almost all of the blender yardage and I am guessing about 2m from the block kits. A lot of small pieces remain from the block kits but I think I will be able to use it up as a setting for the panel I purchased.

Cat' You have gotta love Stonehenge. This turned out perfectly . Colors or not, anyone will be proud to receive this. It just might make someone "change" their color scheme!