View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 02:08 AM
Conchalea

K & I are currently each working on a quilt which we hope to finish by tomorrow. She's ready to trim & bind a log cabin of her daughter's. It's not a usual LC. No blocks, just I huge continuous top of strips added in the LC manner. It must have been an early top, with many waves in it. Her daughter had no lessons so just sewed fabric she liked. Her seams go from 1/16" to 1/2" and her cutting wasn't always real straight. We've had this before, making for interesting quilting. This time we pinned pleats in a few places which made it much flatter & K sewed them down as part of the quilting. She said it made it much easier than some of the others. I took a new one delivered to us last week & decided to knock out 2 tops in 1 quilt. I used 1 top as the back! The top is bright orange & white, & the other has orange blocks. I'm practicing FMQ on it with my new Baby Lock. I'm almost through with that & will trim & bind today I hope. I'll have our July total tomorrow. I'm at her house from 10 or so until 4, so my cats think I have a job!