View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 05:27 PM
Krisb

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
I have our July total of UFOs completed or out of the house:
1. RWB log cabin baby quilt I started during the early Pandemic days while staying with my daughter
2. A top was given to K's friend when she admired it (be careful about admiring something-it may be yours in the UFO condition)
3. Green & beige quilt with beige back
4. Deconstructed/reconstructed yellow, black, & gray quilt, flannel back
5. Purple birds with a pieced white & purple back
6. Blue & white with flannel back
7.Blue & beige. We named this one Izzy, because we kept saying, "It is what it is" due to Issues of curvy, wavy areas
8. Blue, beige, & white with navy flannel back
9. A small top of squares, forest green, beige, & terra cotta K made into a cushion cover for her patio bench
10. Fall colors log cabin. We call it "But, Hey!" again because we kept saying that as we found ways around issues it had
11. & 12. What we're calling Orange Sherbet with another quilt as the back. Bright, cheerful orange, which I did lots of FMQ on

So, our grand total=12! Plus we made from scratch a baby quilt & diaper bag in 2 days. That was a rushed effort. It was NOT a UFO, so it doesn't count in our total. I also cut, pieced, & sewed the Butterfly top and we sandwiched it. I just have to find time to quilt it! We had about 5 days where we didn't sew at all, but the other 26 were full steam ahead. Of the 22 or so we found originally, and now the 3 new ones her daughter mailed her, we've completed 14 in June & July.
I think 1-4 were already counted, so adding 8.

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
I finished 3 UFO tops this month using many pieced blocks which were in various donations to my church group. The rest were my leftover blocks. They have been added to a box for finishing when we meet again. They are 70” by 80” approximately.

I will PM KrisB.
Nothing is more satisfactory than rescuing orphan blocks, whether yours or someone else’s.

11 more for July—total of 25 and 138 so far this year. You all rock!