View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 04:37 AM
WMUTeach

I agree that donations should be of a quality that could be gifted but perfection is not a requirement in my opinion. I just donated four quilts that fall into the category of "not up to my standards". They looked OK but perhaps the quilting was not perfect or the corners/points didn't match exactly every time. Other imperfections could be in the actual quilting such as the straight line stitching had an occasional slight curve or the free motion had a point when the quilt shifted. Most of my quilts are made of scraps from my stash in an effort to diminish the amount of fabric in my sewing room. I also love to try new patterns. What am I to do with all of these experiments? I donate them so an organization can meet the need for warmth and comfort to our community.

Will I give away a quilt that is just a practice quilt? No. I don't make practice quilts. I will make 18" practice sandwiches to work on my quilting skills. I am not a perfectionist, thus most of my quilts are imperfect but each one feeds my drive to create and to then bless others.