Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Charity quilts vs all other quilts >

Charity quilts vs all other quilts

Charity quilts vs all other quilts

Old 08-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
I use the same fabrics in both charity and "keep for myself and others" quilts. Sometimes I have purchased panels or fabric that later I wonder who put those in my bag- LOL! If I no longer have a fancy for a particular color I may plunge into a charity quilt with it. I took a Pat Sloan workshop through our guild and Pat taught us how to "make fabric". With this improv block class, I learned so much. But I had chosen pink scraps and yardage as I wanted to see it gone. Turned out great and will go to charity at the end of this coming week. I make string blocks out of my leftovers every couple of months when mindless sewing is necessary. So far during pandemic, my string blocks in various colors is piling up. Next charity quilt up will have some of these (lingering pink strings as I have four GDs) in a baby quilt for charity- possibly on the back for a pop of color.
That quilt looks "intentional"! Love it!
Old 08-16-2020, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
I use the same fabrics in both charity and "keep for myself and others" quilts. Sometimes I have purchased panels or fabric that later I wonder who put those in my bag- LOL! If I no longer have a fancy for a particular color I may plunge into a charity quilt with it. I took a Pat Sloan workshop through our guild and Pat taught us how to "make fabric". With this improv block class, I learned so much. But I had chosen pink scraps and yardage as I wanted to see it gone. Turned out great and will go to charity at the end of this coming week. I make string blocks out of my leftovers every couple of months when mindless sewing is necessary. So far during pandemic, my string blocks in various colors is piling up. Next charity quilt up will have some of these (lingering pink strings as I have four GDs) in a baby quilt for charity- possibly on the back for a pop of color.
I love how you used scraps. Got to try it.