View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 07:22 AM
Iceblossom

Just my daily I'm still here post Friend's husband came out of surgery well. Have the last of the fabrics prewashing now, hope to deliver the blocks in a couple of hours -- got to get sewing once I get off the computer.

Today we have a bit of rain and a drop in temperature. All I can say is aaaahhhhhh. I might even be able to spend some time in the sewing room in the afternoon, typically by around noon-2:00 it's already over 80 and only gets hotter as that side of the house is faces directly west. Did a bit of clean-up and putting away fabrics in there already, took the fabric that shouldn't be in my bedroom back to the sewing room. Still have a bit more ironing to do and a stack of mask making to deal with.

When I did my shopping this past week for the first time since February, there are actually disposable masks in the store! There were also supplies of hand sanitizers and wipes in various sizes (ok, prices are higher than they used to be but hey they are in stock). Mostly no limits or quite large ones on the masks and such. It may seem small, and I only go out weekly under the guidelines, but this was the first time in months that there were no gaps in the shelves and no limits and everything that you might want in stock.