View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Iceblossom

The restrictions on visitors in hospitals has been pretty severe. Something like 6 hours total per day. Maximum 3 people per day/1 per time and one entry only -- if you leave for lunch you don't come back until the next day. As I understand it, the hope is that the surgery will increase blood flow and oxygenation and maybe that will help him be more comfortable and able to deal with things better. He has been depressed and isn't doing the things he should, even the things to make himself more comfortable.

One of the other ladies isn't in all that good of shape herself, and her husband is in worse shape. He's been in and out for various procedures and tests and emergency visits for the last six months as well. The big difference between the two husbands is mostly attitude and belief systems. This one is going to keep living until the end and is satisfied with the past.

My doctor's office is actually located at a hospital and they don't want either of us (me or doc) there unless it is urgent, we had to do a virtual visit for my lab results and monitoring of the various things we monitor. She's authorized the knee x-ray and I need to have it done, I just don't want to sit there. Am going to see if I can set up an appointment instead of drop by.

Anyway, quilting related, we laid out our blocks and each of us will make 4 more, we think that will be enough to mix and match with the others once we get together on Tuesday. The red swirly one I did wasn't good with the rust and will most likely not be used. But the good news was the rust brightened up our darker blocks just fine. The dark blue Asian print looks more like the lake I envisioned (they live on a lake) than the pool of despair in the dim light of last night and works really nicely with the border.

I'm going to make two more brown, and two of bright medium colors. That will help balance out her green/aqua choices and there is a bright golden yellow that most likely won't be used in the end, but might work out with my two brights plus what the others bring.

She said she had the same issue as I did with construction, kept wanting to make the blocks as Shoo-fly with white corners and she was the one who picked the pattern!