View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 09:20 AM
elly66

Sounds like great fun Iceblossom. What a lovely way to celebrate.
Been awhile for me to check in though I have been reading the posts. Finally I'm in minus territory after purchasing some fabric. Used 5 1/2 yards on Carpenter's Wheel top. Close to 5 on a scrappy top using a free pattern called faux log cabin. 6 1/4 yards on some reusable paper towel/ napkins. At least 6 yards on wall hangings, and real close to 6 on an Arkansas Crossroads pattern. I've seen the ones you have made, loved them - so it was time. I have kept busy at least sewing tops but also wall hangings as well.
With being on full time oxygen, figured the best place for me is home as much as possible. Unfortunately (at least this year!) I only live 20 minutes away from Sturgis and bike week, so even my short little rides are suspended for a few weeks. To add to that I had to put down my sweet cat this week and the rides would have been a welcome relief on how empty this house feels right now. Amazing how they come and take over your world. The Black Hills are gorgeous - I'm lucky I get to see them all the time. I guess I just got to share them though. Everybody have a great weekend.