View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 04:56 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by carriem View Post
I live in Iowa also...didn't realize there were so many of us here or with family here! I was in Cedar Rapids when the storm went through. We got to a Walmart parking lot and my 82yo MIL refused to get out and go inside!! So we sat in my vehicle getting rocked back and forth and watching things blow by!! It took me 2hrs to get home after it was over (normally 30-35min)...like Mary said CR, Marion and some of the surrounding small towns are a mess!! Thankfully we just lost some branches in the yard and a couple trees in our timber. We were just without power for a little over 24 hrs and got gas in Anamosa last night before the "rush" started on that.

I actually did a little sewing before heading to town yesterday so was able to trim those today even without power!
I've been wondering how you were faring, Carrie. Good to know you are okay. I have family in Marion and just heard that they all had tree damage, but no house or vehicle damage. All are still out of power. Another cousin found 4 generators in her local area and ran them down so they could each have power at their homes. A mess down there. Stay safe. G