View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 06:17 AM
Iceblossom

I've been working on the UFO top this past week. Turns out 98% of the piecing was complete (and very nicely done at that). It took awhile to track down but in one stage they made 41 units instead of 41 sets of units -- and some of those are extra things we don't really need anyway! So all I had/have to do is cut some more red/blue HST, turn some of them into the pinwheels for 25 blocks, and I'll deal with the setting triangles later. Fabric was provided and I will need to cut the neutral background squares and then it will be ready to assemble into blocks. Heehee, I didn't have to do the 4-patches or the border units or any of that!

Kind of fun to get a nearly done UFO that I knew what to do, but it is amazing how much I've already forgotten. I had to pull out my top and check the layout just to reassure myself. I just like to spend some time sewing each day and its rather freeing to me that I don't have to worry my head a bit about finishing it, or who to give it to. I still don't have a finished top or home for mine yet.

Don't think it will take that long to finish, but I have some other commitments going on. I'm still planning on doing the Mystery again this year with more standard fabrics/colors so need to get this done before that.