Old 08-16-2020, 02:14 PM
beckyboo1

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Somewhere in the chaotic mess that is my sewing studio (whole house) is a pretty handmade fabric bowl made by me....that holds old sewing items. Like old wooden spools, old wooden crochet hooks and knitting needles, several old wooden darning eggs. I also have a collection of old sewing needle packets. The kind that were about the size of a card and held several different types of needle. I also have old hand made linens with various types of embroidery and needle work on them. I have an old crochet yarn tin...about size of a small coffee can with a lid on it with a hole in it. You placed the ball of yarn in the can and threaded the crochet yarn through the lid to feed you your yarn. I have seen people put old rag rug balls on display. I remember my grandmother stitching ends of strips of old clothing together on her treadle and helping her roll them up into balls. When we had enough of the rag balls, we would take them to a lady who would weave them into rag rugs...I think she charge $1,59 fir vert small ones, $3 for a small rug, and $6 for a hall rug. Have fun.
All those things sound like so much fun! Now I really can't wait to go shopping. I went to a store today and on a low shelf almost where I couldn't see it was an old Sunbeam iron--the old really heavy one. It came with the plate to set it on, the cloth electric cord which was detachable and the tin box it came in. And for $22.50 it was like a steal for me. It says for decor me and believe me, I wouldn't want to use one that heavy but I love it!