Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing notions and other sewing room decor ideas >

sewing notions and other sewing room decor ideas

sewing notions and other sewing room decor ideas

Old 08-25-2020, 03:52 AM

I try to decorate my home with what is already on hand. I use a few items that have little value but were from my families history. My most odd are a cast iron pot and a dipping tool that were used with to make lead bullets. I currently have a series of green glass canning jars that I fill with buttons, another with thread spools. You get the idea, I just use what is on hand. For me, this method lets me see and delight in the pieces I have and not purchase new. Consider what you have on hand and your "style". Enjoy decorating you special sewing room!
Old 08-25-2020, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
My dad had his mother's old iron that she had to heat on a stove - I don't know what happened to it. My sister probably has it - but my dad did find a child's version when he and my mom were antiquing once for me. It is in my sewing room. Since I am a Longeberger basket collector I have quite a few in my sewing room holding thread and fabric. I like function in my displayed items too.

I have one of those large pretzel jars from Costco that I throw my scraps into. It sits under a sewing machine to keep out of the way when I don't need it. There is so much that I learn on this Board, I am forever changing things about.
I have a big red round sewing basket that I throw scraps and strips into but I guess I hadn't thought of it as decor. Thanks!