View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Iceblossom

It does come out as a large top and square at that, and I'm more of a rectangle gal myself. I am growing more comfortable with the idea that while a great quilter could enhance this, especially with my fabrics just sticking it together with a random meander that is within my skill set will be fine. I still don't want to quilt it on my home machine but that's a different story.

I've had to take a break on my piecing of the UFO top due to the arrival of my Round Robin. For Frolic I have all the missing units made, and the neutrals cut, and have combined all the pieces needed per block into a separate baggy. The bags are each marked with a shape and number so it is clear it is a Square or a setting Triangle, the numbers aren't there for layout just so I don't have to keep counting and recounting slippery bags.

I'm going to sew each block at a time instead of trying to keep all those different sets of units coordinated. All that hard work done by somebody else is about to pay off and I get to do the fun part! It's all good, as I sometimes say "I've gotten everything out of that project I wanted" even if I choose not to finish it myself.

I haven't looked ahead yet but I think I have to cut some blue squares for the sashing, plenty of fabric for that, and the middle sashing piece. Again, plenty of fabric and as I recall it could change the look quite a bit with different choices.

All those border units are already made for me and I'll be laying them out in some way other than the original design. I'm thinking sort of goose/arrow type points but I really liked Origami's solution. That's still a ways in the future.