View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 07:35 AM
Iceblossom

Hubby's back at work and it looks like he'll be working some serious overtime until our trip, the third shift person that is in his group has transferred to a different facility. Hubby and the other guy will be working 12s until someone is hired and/or they train the replacement and/or our trip date arrives. It will be sort of nice to have the chance to miss him a bit before the trip

Yesterday we went up north about an hour and visited my cousin and my aunt at my cousin's horse facility. She retired from Boeing around 60-ish and bought a boarding facility 2 years ago and this was our first time out there. Her last place was quite a nice house with a barn -- this is a quite a nice barn with a house Although they have more stalls available she feels she doesn't have enough acreage or time to hand more than the six boarded horses and her two.

Her daughter did dressage when she was younger and they have a nice covered arena attached to the main barn. Outside there is a circular lunge pen and some holding pens for going outside a bit in the winter. The separated paddocks are a bit further down. Our little dogs did fine with the horses, but the chickens scared Harley...

It was a nice day to be outside and maintain separation distances. It is hard to be a hugger in a year of no hugs